There’s nothing more practical than free grocery money. When I quit my job, suddenly money was very tight. When I was working on salary, I didn’t worry as much about bargain hunting or coupons or getting the best deal, because I was busy working! But as soon as I started contract work, every dollar counts! Actually, every quarter counts!
So I want to share with you some of the tips I’ve learned to save 25% up to 100% off groceries!!
(1) Free Grocery Money
I signed up for this app called Ibotta, and all you do is take a picture of your grocery receipts and you get $$$ for select items you’ve purchased.
You literally buy groceries as normal, and you get money back via rebates for different items every month. It is for real, no catch, free money.
Some of the things I get money back on include:
- Produce like onions, apples, tomatoes, oranges, avocados, bell peppers, and more! Usually between $0.25 – $0.75 back
- Condiments, jams, jellies, peanut butter, mayo, mustard. Usually between $0.25 and $1.50 per item
- Household products like toilet paper, paper towels, soaps, cleaners, batteries, etc. Usually $1.00-$5.00 back (YES FIVE WHOLE DOLLARS BACK SOMETIMES PEOPLE)
- Snacks like chips, cookies, granola bars, nuts, dried fruit. Usually $1.00 back
- Meat, usually $0.75 to $5.00 back
- Wine, Beer, & Liquor gives you $1.00 up to $6.00 back!!! (YES WINE)
- Restaurants even participate, and I’ve gotten money back on SUSHI!
There is seriously something in every category, and there are hundreds of items you can get money back on every day. There are also a ton of stores that participate, and I’ll list just a few of them here:
- Whole Foods
- The Fresh Market
- Sam’s Club
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Weis Markets
- And more!!
I’ve made anywhere from $2.50 to $76.60 a month back from different manufacturers coupons, and I’ve invited my friends, and together we can get “Team Bonuses,” which is pretty cool because it’s extra free money.
If you use my code “tjndvxj” I’ll get $5, and you’ll get $10 as a welcome bonus!
(And likewise, if you invite your friends, you get $5 and they get $10.)
Use code “tjndvxj”.
#2 – Thrive Market: Get 25%-100% OFF buying groceries online + Free shipping
Okay guys, so last year, I found this company called Thrive Market, and they are basically online Whole Foods meets Costco.
All of the amazing non-gmo, organic, gluten-free, paleo, yada-yada products you have to spend an arm and a leg on at the regular grocery store YOU CAN GET ON THRIVE FOR HALF THE PRICE!
I’ve fallen in love with this company, and I’m not just saying that to try to get you to sign up with them. But you should sign up with them, and here’s why:
- Guaranteed savings! Their products START at 25%-50% off, but then there’s even more ways to save.
- Free shipping! If you spend $49, you get free shipping. Usually, I just start a cart and add the items I need until I get free shipping.
- Quick delivery time! After placing an order, I usually get my items within 3-4 days.
- Free stuff every day! Every single day, Thrive Market offers a different item for free with your order if you purchase a minimum of $59. As a single person, I might order from them once a month, but this means I’m getting a free item every time I place an order!I downloaded their (beautiful) smartphone app, and it tells me what the different free item is every day. I hold out and don’t place my order until it’s a free item I want. ;) Last time, I got two free bottles of my shampoo and conditioner (usually $8.99 EACH at the store!!). And the time before that, I got free chocolate almond flour cupcake mix from Simply Mills, which was seriously the best GF cake I’ve ever had. Here’s a link to Amazon so you can see the brand of cake it was, but don’t buy it from Amazon! Buy it from Thrive Market because it’s cheaper!
- Abandon cart incentives! So maybe they don’t want me to tell you this, but if you are always adding stuff in your cart (like I do), but not checking out (because you’re holding out for the free stuff you want), then their automated system sometimes sends you coupon codes for an additional 15% off just to tempt you to buy! Which totally works because 15% off my entire cart saves me way more than a free item. #winning
- Referral bonuses! Another win for you, is that after you sign up, if you refer a friend, they give you $25! More free money. Woohoo!
How it Works
1.) Register for free to browse the Thrive Market catalog, see member savings, and receive 15% off your first purchase. NOW, all Revived Kitchen members get 25% off their first purchase! That means you’re getting 50-75% off your very first order!
2.) Start your trial – With your first purchase on Thrive Market, you’ll start a free 30-day membership trial. See how much you save. Cancel any time.
3.) After 30 days, they ask you if you want to continue or cancel. When you join Thrive Market for just $59.95, you get to save on the world’s best healthy products for a full year. When you join, you are also sponsoring a free membership for a low-income family.
***RISK FREE GUARANTEE!*** If you don’t save at least $59.95, they pay you back the difference in your membership. How awesome is that?
I love being able to share these sorts of discoveries with you! And you know me—I don’t share anything that I don’t believe in. So thank you for using my links if you sign up for these things! They help support Revived Kitchen and pay to keep the blog online! :)
~ Courtney, xo