Homemade Coffee Liqueur: Ingredients
16 cups strongly brewed coffee
4 cups organic cane sugar
3 cups vodka
3 tablespoons of Crème de Cacao (recipe here)
2 vanilla beans, split, seeds scraped out and reserved
Homemade Coffee Liqueur: Instructions
- In a large pot, simmer together the coffee and sugar until it reduces by 1/3. It should be syrupy when you finish. This process takes about an hour. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the coffee syrup is completely cooled, whisk in the vodka and Crème de Cacao.
- Add the vanilla beans with their seeds. Whisk to combine.
- Then pour this entire mixture into a glass jar and close tightly.
- Leave out at room temperature for 3-4 weeks. At the end of week three, taste the coffee liqueur. If it tastes good to you, remove the vanilla beans, and continue to store at room temperature in your liquor cabinet.