Happy New Years! Did you celebrate? Did you maybe drink too much? ;) Don’t worry. I won’t tell. But if you need a little pick-me-up, I’ve got a real food hangover cure for you!
The main ingredient is turmeric, a lovely spice made from the turmeric root, which has been cultivated for over 5,000 years. Turmeric helps to both prevent and relieve nausea, detoxifies the liver, reduces secretion of stomach acid (bile), and reduces inflammation. (And bonus, it fights cancer!)
It’s really simple to make. :)
Whisk together in a small pot:
- – 2 cups raw milk
- – 1/2 – 1 tsp ground turmeric (buy here)
- – 3 whole black peppercorns (buy here)
- – 2-3 whole cardamom pods (buy here), cracked OR 1/8 tsp ground cardamom (buy here)
- – 1/2 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- – Pinch of cinnamon (optional) (buy here)
- – Honey to taste (optional)
Heat the milk and spices on low for around 5 minutes, or until warm. If you want to stay away from milk, you could use almond milk or stir turmeric into tea. :)
Happy New Years!