Aloo Gobi is one of my favorite Indian dishes. It’s a classic and must-have for any Indian repertoire, and it’s a total comfort food. It is made with cauliflower, potatoes, and turmeric, and is wonderful as a side dish to any curry you can think of.
To make aloo gobi, you’ll need the following:
- 3 TBSP Pure Indian Foods grass fed organic ghee (buy here)
- 1 onion, diced
- Red potatoes, cubed…however many that is in the picture?
- 2-3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3/4 inch of ginger, minced or grated
And the following spices:
- 1 tsp cumin (buy here)
- 1 tsp coriander (buy here)
- 1 tsp garam masala (Make your own HERE. Buy HERE.)
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds (buy here)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (buy here)
Heat the ghee in a deep frying pan over low-medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and cover. Once you hear the seeds pop, add the diced onion and cubed potato.
Fry onion and potato until browned.
Next, add the spices and stir to coat everything. Add the diced tomato and stir until the spices are well mixed. Now, add the cauliflower florets, ginger, and 1/2 cup water.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with sea salt.