Do you sometimes drink too much? ;) Don’t worry. I won’t tell. But if you need a little pick-me-up, I’ve got a real food hangover cure for you!
The main ingredient is turmeric, a lovely spice made from the turmeric root, which has been cultivated for over 5,000 years. Turmeric helps to both prevent and relieve nausea, detoxifies the liver, reduces secretion of stomach acid (bile), and reduces inflammation. (And bonus, it fights cancer!) This can be used after drinking, or just any time for general health.
It’s really simple to make. :)
Hangover Cure #1: Turmeric Milk
Whisk together in a small pot:
- – 2 cups raw milk
- – 1/2 – 1 tsp ground turmeric (buy here)
- – 3 whole black peppercorns (buy here)
- – 2-3 whole cardamom pods, cracked OR 1/8 tsp ground cardamom (buy here)
- – 1/2 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- – Pinch of cinnamon (optional) (buy here)
- – Honey to taste (optional)
Heat the milk and spices on low for around 5 minutes, or until warm.
Hangover Cure #2: Turmeric Tea
If you want to stay away from milk, you could use almond milk or stir turmeric into chamomile tea. :)